Sunday, March 1, 2009

BLOGGING

After some initial strong resistance, mainly due to a lack of understanding of this media, I've come to appreciate that blogging, if done constructively, is an excellent means of expressing one's thoughts, ideals, philosophies and/or concerns on various subjects.

In essence, it allows for a "brain dump" of issues for review and perhaps rebuttal by other bloggeCheck Spellingrs. As a blogger, there is the ability to tailor your message(s) in order to promote productive ongoing dialogues to a desired audience.

To my pleasant surprise, blogging is an open forum which has a global reach, which also allows the ability to engage others in masses. In terms of fostering thought provoking conversations, the opportunities are almost limitless.

Although I now enjoy the concepts of blogging, I particularly relish reading the comments to my blogs. In my opinion, the real art and/or benefit of blogging is the ability to get other bloggers to respond.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I too was initially resistant to the whole concept of blogging - mainly because I had never done it before. However, since the start of this online class I have been much more in tune to all the benefits of the blogging world. I have found that blogging is much easier to keep up with than I anticipated and it's a great way to share thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have seen the benefits of blogging.

    As I always say, we need to keep current when teaching the youth of America. As you have seen, blogging is a technology we should be aware of when teaching in the year 2009.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been a great deal of backlash in recent months in the world of sports with blogging and I think that you hit the nail on the head. If blogging is done correctly then it is a useful tool, however, some people in the industry take it to a new level and believe that they can take on the world via blogs.

    ReplyDelete