Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MAKING THE GRADE

Every Sunday, without fail, I make a point of purchasing "The Record" newspaper.

Why you ask? Well, there is a special segment dedicated to Education [Making The Grade]. The weekly segment focuses on teachers going "above and beyond" their defined scope of responsibilities in assuring they are meeting students' needs.

As educators, I find the readings indispensable on several fronts:
  • Highlights effective "best practices"
  • Fosters idea sharing
  • Pinpoints successful teacher traits and teaching methods
  • Speaks to shared experiences

This Sunday and perhaps ongoing, I suggest you purchase a copy and let me know what you think.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I do not work for, nor do I have a stake in the newspaper.

3 comments:

  1. Ron, thanks for sharing. Is the Record a north Jersey paper? I'm in Middlesex County and I don't think that I've heard of that paper. Maybe they have an online site that I will check out. I like the fact that they have best practices because when I worked in the business field, best practices shared among companies and industries were very helpful in improving one's self (and company), while allowing you to gauge your own performance by comparing your practices to best practices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete